Thai Massage Benefits
Ancient Thais treated a number of ailments by using massage to restore the flow of energy throughout the body. Traditional Thai massage is a deep, full-body treatment, which includes both stretching of the joints and muscles, and applied pressure to the sen lines. Thai people used massage not only to treat illnesses, but also to maintain health and well-being.
There are hundreds of positions and techniques in the complete repertoire of Thai massage, including: pressure along the sen or energy lines of the body, gentle soothing movement, yogic stretching, rhythmic rocking, range of motion work, joint compression and decompression.
Holistic Benefits of Traditional Thai Massage
Physical Benefits of Massage
- Relieves muscle and joint tension
- Better relaxation and sleep
- Enhanced athletic performance
- Better breathing
- Relieves tension headaches
- Strengthened immune system
- Enhances elimination of wastes and toxic debris from physical, mental and emotional strain
- Faster recovery from injury
- Stimulate internal organs
- Balances the body’s energy system
- Reduce and manage stress
- Relieves pain
- Frees blockages in energy flow
- Invigorates the nervous system
- Increases ability to absorb nutrition Strengthens and rejuvenates the body
- Improves circulation of blood and lymph
- Increases flexibility (passive yoga postures)
Mental Benefits of Massage
- Better body image
- Decreases depression and anxiety
- Increasesfeelings of peacefulness and relaxation
- Reduces stress and fatigue
- Enhances ability to be calm and rational in difficult situations
- Increases connection between the mind and body
- Increases mental and spiritual awareness
- Gives a general feeling of well being assisting in balancing body, mind, and spirit.
- Feels invigorated and energized
- It feels good!
Thai massage can be particularly helpful in relieving: Headaches, migraines, arthritis, whiplash pain, paralysis, numbness, sciatica, back pain and other conditions. And now research suggests massage can ease insomnia, boost immunity, prevent PMS, and more. Maybe that's why hospitals are making it a standard therapy.